Thursday, February 24, 2011

75 Chestnut- Boston

Tucked away in the sleepy, residential streets of Beacon Hill, you might just walk right past 75 Chestnut if you're not actively on the lookout. Their menu may not be extensive but you can find all the American classics here, from salads and steaks to burgers and BLTs. The space inside is a touch tight but creates for a cozy and warm atmosphere. 

Roasted Garlic Bread with Marinara
We started with the "75 Chestnut Tower" which is a sampler consisting of three appetizers for sharing. The garlic bread was crispy and cheesy while the marinara was warm and great for dipping.

Fried Calamari
The second appetizer in the sampler was this fried calamari which tasted pretty standard. Seeing that there's not much worth noting here, let's move on.

Sweet Potato Ravioli
This last appetizer was easily my favorite of the three. The next time I go back, I would definitely want to order the entree version rather than just a teaser. The raviolis were filled with a savory, creamy sweet potato mash. The creamy tomato-based sauce was also great for spooning on top of the bread.

Boston Bibb Salad
Ordering salads at restaurants is pretty much unheard of from a girl like myself but on this rare occasion, I went with this leafy bed of greens over a greasy, heavy, delicious burger. I figured I already had enough unhealthy options with the selection of the sampler. Anyways, I'm all for simple and clean but this salad was honestly so plain that I could have easily made it at home. The dressing used was just a simple lemon vinaigrette and the salad consisted of some basic ingredients including goat cheese, dried cranberries, slices of apple, pecans, and of course, bibb lettuce. I enjoyed this variety of lettuce which was super soft and almost "buttery"? But the lettuce being of a tasty kind is unfortunately not something that I could credit the restaurant for.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/75-chestnut-boston

No comments:

Post a Comment