Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Katz's Deli- NY

There's no way that over 1,600 yelpers could possibly be wrong in raving about the fantastic sandwiches offered at Katz's Deli in NYC.  I actually first heard of or noticed this deli when I was waiting to eat at Zaftigs Deli in Boston and I saw an article on the wall for top 10 delis in the US (of course Zaftigs and Katz's are both up there). So I knew that the next time I visited New York, I absolutely had to pay a visit to this iconic landmark and see for myself what all the fuss was about. Once inside, I felt like I was back in middle school again- lunch trays, paper plates and plastic utensils. Littered across the walls are countless black and white photos of the many, many famed personalities who've dined here in the past (I wish I would've snapped a photo). The staff can be a little irritating but they compensate for their rudeness by serving up one of the best pastrami sandwiches I've ever had.
Pastrami on Rye
there is a reason why this eatery gets away with charging over $16 for a sandwich in a land like NYC where countless delis and sandwich shops charge the average $5-8. but this pastrami was absolutely delectable!! it's super simple- beef, mustard, bread. when something tastes so good, you don't need to doctor it or add all that pizazz. the beef was so tender that it just breaks apart the moment it hits your mouth. and best of all, they pile on a huge heaping of that succulent, succulent meat. yummmm, i think i'm starting to drool just thinking about this pastrami.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/katzs-delicatessen-new-york

No comments:

Post a Comment