Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Paparazzi-Boston

Located right on Newbury St., Paparazzi Trattoria and Bar offers your typical Italian fare consisting of pastas, soups, salads, and gourmet pizzas. It's reminiscent of Stephanie's on Newbury but Paparazzi is a little less expensive. The welcoming atmosphere lends itself to a large range of customers. You can spot people from all ages, from little kids dining with their parents, to young professionals enjoying a drink, all the way up to elderly couples enjoying a nice meal together. I loved all of the festive wreaths and poinsettia flowers the restaurants put up for the holiday times.
Agnolotti All' Aragosta
these lobster and ricotta filled raviolis were definitely filling. the part i enjoyed most about the dish would probably be the cream sauce infused with hints of basil, which was light and not too heavy.  like the pasta shell, which was a little hard, the lobster filling felt dry and the meat did not taste fresh. my guess is they used frozen lobster.

1 comment:

  1. Paparazzi is pretty good, I have been there a couple of times. Though I must say I am sad that they took over the French Urban restaurant that used to be there less than a year ago. I miss their escargot, an appetizer that was absolutely delicious, and the sauce that was left over I found myself using to add flavor to the rest of the things I ordered. Paparazzi, does have some menu items left from the old restaurant. One change I must say I also miss, is that in the old Paparazzi restaurant they had a paparazzi theme, with old school pictures of celebrities everywhere on the walls to go with the name.

    Btw, about the eggs. I hate eggs too Jess. I really don't like them either =P

    ReplyDelete